别再浪费你的时间了,虽然我们无法不变老!
The one commodity that is most valuable on this earth is time.
世界上最有价值的东西就是时间了。
Time to love, time to live. From the moment the human body is born it begins dying.
时间让我们可以去爱去活着。人从出生的那一刻起,就开始迈向死亡了。
I don't think you, you quite caught that. Let me say it again. From the moment the human body is born it begins dying.
你可能还不懂这句话的意义。再说一次,人从出生的那一刻起,就开始迈向死亡了。
Some happen faster, some happen slower, some of us help them go faster,
有时死亡来得早,有时来得慢,有时有人会主动加快这个过程,
and some of them prevent it from happening sooner than later.
而有的人则会努力防止它来得太早。
How many seconds how many minutes do we waste every day doing things,
我们每天会浪费多少分、多少秒,在无关紧要的事情上?
that are nowhere near the goals, and aspiration and passion that we have inside?
而这些无关紧要的事,与我们内在的志向、目标、热情毫不相干。
How many times you go through the course of a day and realize:
你有多少次过完一整天后,才惊讶地发现:
did I do anything I set out to do today? Write down those goals each and every day.
我做了今天本来计划要做的事吗?写下你每天的目标。
No matter if there’s two goals a day.
就算只有两个目标也没关系,
If you can accomplish those then you're doing more than just making it through the day.
只要你能把它们完成,就比你什么都没做就过了一天更好。
You are living and achieving your dreams. Find time to better yourself.
你活着就要为了实现你的梦想而努力。花时间成为那个更好的自己。
Read, explore, research, live life do things, you've never thought of doing before. That's what it's all about.
阅读、探索世界、享受人生,去挑战那些你从未经历过的事情。那才是生命该有的样子。
When you're born that's that date, that they put on the left side of the tombstone.
你出生时的日期,会被刻在你墓碑的左侧。
When you die they put another date on the right side of the tombstone.
而当你死后,死亡的日期就会被刻在你墓碑的右侧。
But that dash in the middle is the most important thing on that tombstone.
但这两个日期之间的“破折号”,才是这个墓碑中最重要的事。
That is a line that throughout that entire time frame.
这条线就代表了你的一生。
You were able to impact and touch others lives. You were able to leave your mark on this earth.
你曾有机会影响他人、改变他人生命。你曾有机会在地球上留下你的印记。
You were able to build a legacy that nobody could change.
你曾有机会在这个世界上留下一段仅属于你的传奇。
You were able to have it to where people remember who you are no matter what.
你曾有机会让自己因某种原因使所有人都将你铭记。
When you're living for that dash in the middle, you're going to remember your why.
当你活在生命的破折号中时,去找出自己活在世上的那个“为什么”吧。
Your why, why you're here, not the why, why did you do something, your why.
那个你为何会存在于世上的为什么,而不是那个为何要做某些事的为什么。
Your reason for getting up in the morning.
是什么给了你开始新的一天的动力?
Your reason for pushing yourself past the brink of exertion and giving up.
是什么让你永不言弃,即便过程艰辛无比?
Your reason for moving on and getting things done in life.
是什么让你不断向前,不断克服生命中大大小小的困难?
That dash in the middle that's the thing that pushes you.
生死之间的“破折号”应是推你向前的动力。
How do you rate yourself on a scale of one to ten in terms of your physical appearance?
从一到十分,满分十分,你给自己的外貌打几分?
In terms of your health? Do you take care of yourself? Are you allowing yourself to get overweight and out of shape?
你给自己的健康打几分?你有好好照顾自己吗?还是放任了自己体重超标、身材走形?
Are you conscious of your health? Are you watching the food that you take into your body?
你有重视自己的健康吗?吃东西时,你有留意自己吃进去的是什么吗?
Do you make a deliberate effort to exercise?
你有计划性地锻炼,训练自己的身体吗?
You know it was George Burns, he said we can't help getting older but we don't have to get old.
乔治·伯恩斯说过,虽然我们无法不变老,但我们并不是一定要变老。
And many of us get old before our time because we don't take time to take care of ourselves.
我们之中很多人在年轻时就开始变老了,因为我们没有花时间照顾自己。
Your environment is a very good indicator on a scale of one to ten, is it what you want it to be?
你所处的环境就是非常好的指标,满分十分,现在这个状态是你想要的吗?
Do you find it desirable? Are you satisfied?
你向往现在的生活吗?你对现状满意吗?
The job or career that you're involved in someone said that 85% of the American public are unhappy with their jobs.
你所做的工作让你开心吗?有人说85%的美国人都在做让自己不快乐的工作。
Are you spending eight hours a day just doing time?
你有每天至少花八小时工作,但却感觉像在坐牢一样吗?
Doing something that you don't find challenging, that does not make you stretch mentally,
是不是仅仅在做一些没有挑战,无法让自己全力以赴,
that does not stimulate you, that does not inspire you, something that you don't find a sense of fulfillment in it?
无法让自己兴奋,无法激励自己,根本没有任何成就感的工作?
If you're doing that day in and day out, it has to affect how you feel about yourself, your level of motivation, your relationships.
如果你就这样一天天的得过且过,它一定会对你的自我价值、内在驱动力以及人际关系造成负面的影响。
What kind of impact is that having on your life? Is it nourishing or is it a toxic relationship?
你的生命是被什么力量所影响着?你的人际关系是健康的还是有毒的?
Does it drain you or does it build you up? Ask yourself that.
你是越变越好还是在越变越差?问问你自己,
How motivated are you to do something about it? Your contribution, your actions... what are you giving?
你对改变这一切又有多积极?你做了哪些努力,付诸了什么行动,你付出了些什么?
Many people will leave the universe without a trace.
很多人在离世后不曾留下一丝痕迹。
No one will know they were here and in fact under their name we could put under there, 'not used up'.
没人知道他们曾在这世上活过,他们的名字,可以被世界毫不费力地直接抹去。
Will anybody know that you came this way? What contribution are you giving?
有人会知道你曾经造访过这个世界吗?有人会知道你做过什么贡献吗?
What will you leave? What will be different because you came this way?
你会留下些什么呢?这个世界因为你的到来,变得有什么不一样了吗?
Just, just stop for a second. Write down your why. What are you doing this for in life?
停下手头的事情,花一秒钟,写下你的“为什么”吧。你这一生要依靠什么而度过?
If your why doesn't make you cry, that's not your why. Again, if your why doesn't make you cry, that's not your why.
如果你的“为什么”不会让你热泪盈眶,那么这就不是你的“为什么”。记住,如果你的“为什么”还没有让你热泪盈眶,那么这就不是你的“为什么”。
Your why should be something so big that it moves your family tree.
你的“为什么”应该要大到足以影响到你的家族。
Your why should be something so big that it changes the whole outlook on how things are with you and your home, your family, your religion, your purpose.
你的“为什么”应该要大到足以改变一切、足以改变你与你家庭的生活方式、足以改变你的信仰和你的人生追求。
Think about your passion, think about your opportunities, and that's how you find your purpose: OPP.
想想你的热情在哪里,想想你的机会在哪里,这就是你如何找到你人生的目的:OPP。
When that why meets up with your passion, your opportunity, your purpose,
当你的“为什么”遇见了你的热情、遇见了你的机会和追求,
then you'll find out: the most important day in your life is the day you remember why you were born.
你就会发现:你人生中最重要的一天就是你明白了自己为何而生的那天。